UPDATE: Last week we wrote to inform our readers that one of our contributors had gone missing, and for various reasons, was presumed dead. We are somewhat relieved, and mildly pleased to report that he has now been found alive. Before continuing, you need to read the original missing person notice here.
He turned himself in for the $1 reward after reading about his disappearance on Howtomakeadollar. The $1 reward was offered specifically for information about his health and location. He confirmed his health by reporting that he was "not dead," but refused to give any specifics regarding his whereabouts, except for mumbling something incoherent about the border police in Namibia. Consequently, he was only able to obtain 50 cents of the reward, which is probably an accurate appraisal of his net worth.
We are kind of happy to welcome back his "unique" voice as a "contributor" to this blog. However, the entire incident gave us yet another can't-miss money-making idea: Go missing, and when a reward is posted for information regarding your whereabouts, come forward yourself and claim the prize. In order to have someone offer a reward when you go missing, you may need to commit a crime or have a loved one. We have found that our readers generally fall into one of those two categories. So chances are, you're good to go. Missing, that is.
Related Business Ideas: Have a bounty taken out for your head. Then deliver your head. You do still have it, don't you? Or conversely, find someone else who goes missing and offers to give you $5000 if you find them.
Other related Business Idea for People who do not have Loved Ones, and are not suspected of Crimes:
1. Find a person who probably has loved ones
2. Convince the person to go for a ride in your car. You may need to use coercive techniques such as offering candy or a hot stock investment tip. Very few people can resist a good stock investment idea from a stranger. It is ideal if you can get them into your trunk, but this is not necessarily necessary.
3. Once they get in the car, drive away quickly. Make sure to have your tires squeal.
4. Soon there will be a reward offered for either the person in your car, or yourself, possibly both of you
5. Turn yourself in to the person offering the reward, along with the person in your car
Personally, I think this is different from kidnapping. Kidnappers are mean, scary, and dangerous. You are just a nice guy looking for some easy cash. HUGE difference.
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Make Money By Going Missing
Posted by howtomakeadollar at 6:00 AM
Labels: Bounty Hunting, Ethical Grey Areas, Missing Persons, Namibia
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment