A few more ways to make money around Christmas:
1. Sal's vacation Army
This idea involves tapping into the Pavlovian urge to toss change into a red bucket at the sound of a bell around Christmastime.
1. Dress up as Santa
2. Buy a red cauldron (a bucket may work, but for best results use a cauldron, preferably with hanger)
3. Buy a bell
4. Position yourself outside of a popular store with said cauldron and bell. You may wish to seek out a different entrance than the Salvation Army volunteer who is most likely stationed at the main entrance.
5. Ring the bell vigorously. Most people should not notice that you are not affiliated with Salvation Army in any way, but just in case, you could attach a sign to your cauldron that says "For Sal's vacation Army", with the "S" and "Army" in larger font. This may fool the rest.
6. Learn to live with the guilt.
2. Post-Christmas Resale
You have most likely received a moderate to above-moderate amount of free things recently. Some people call them gifts. I like to think of them as opportunities to make money. Immediately sell all of these "gifts" on ebay for maximum profit.
3. Recycled Wrapping Paper
There is a segment of the population that actively looks to purchase things that are recycled, and another segment that loves finding bargains on Christmas items after Christmas. Where these two segments intersect, you can find a profit.
1. Save a few empty cardboard wrapping paper rolls.
2. Gently unwrap any gifts you receive and keep the wrapping paper. To maximize the amount of reusable paper, you could also offer (demand) to unwrap everyone else's gifts as well.
3. Roll the used wrapping paper back onto the empty cardboard rolls. You can combine different sizes and types of wrapping paper onto the same roll. Secure the roll with a few rubber bands, tape, or even some used ribbon for extra flair.
4. Sell the rolls to an environmentally conscious vendor. Or sell them yourself from a cart outside of Target.
5. For variation you could make a few rolls using paper that was completely trashed when the gifts were opened. These you can sell for half price.
Friday, December 25, 2009
How To Make Money At Christmastime (Supplemented)
Posted by howtomakeadollar at 8:00 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment